As the COVID-19 pandemic impacts every aspect of our lives, Towers Realty Group remains committed to the safety of our residents, applicants, team members, and communities. While our office doors remain closed to the public, our entire team has returned to work and is here to serve you.
Below you will find information about how we are dealing with the situation, plus resources for residents, condo owners, and commercial tenants.
ON THIS PAGE
- Office Closure
- Finding an Apartment
- Making Payments
- Using the Portals
- Stay Updated – Resident Newsletter Sign-up
- Available Resources
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority: CRITICAL
Effective 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday April 28, 2021
New public health restrictions will be in effect and include:
- Social gatherings are not permitted within your residence or on the grounds of your property. Only household members may attend your residence whether inside or outside.
- Individuals who live alone may designate one visitor who may attend their residence.
- Face coverings must be worn while in all common areas, including stairwells, elevators, lobbies and hallways. Please do not enter the building or exit your suite without an appropriate face covering.
IF YOU HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 AND HAVE BEEN ASKED TO SELF ISOLATE, PLEASE INFORM YOUR CARETAKER, SITE MANAGER OR PROPERTY MANAGER; OR EMAIL INFO@TOWERSREALTY.CA
Effective end of day on Monday, March 16, 2020 our main office and all satellite offices will be closed to the public until further notice.
While our office remains closed to the public, our staff are back at work and will continue to provide all necessary management services to all Towers properties during and remain available to you by phone or email, including our 24-hour emergency line, just as before.
Please note, in-person debit and cash payments are not being accepted at this time. Please click here for details on how to make payments.
FINDING AN APARTMENT
The COVID-19 pandemic has proved to be a challenging time for us all. Through all this, we recognize that there will still be some people who need to find a place to live. We’ve taken a number of steps to protect the health and safety of our staff, residents, and people looking for an apartment.
WHAT TOWERS REALTY GROUP IS DOING:
VIRTUAL 3D TOURS
We have 3D suite tours available for most of our properties on our website. These 3D tours can give prospective residents a sense of the suite layout, finishes used, and even allows viewers to take measurements.
If a 3D suite tour is not available for a specific suite type, our Leasing Agent and Caretakers can schedule a virtual viewing through Skype, FaceTime, or similar service; or can send photos of the available units by email.
PRIVATE CONTACTLESS SHOWINGS
Private contactless showings are also now available at all towers properties.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
Prospective residents can apply safely and securely on our website from the comfort of their homes.
ELECTRONIC LEASE SIGNINGS
All leases can now be signed electronically. All you’ll need is a valid email address to complete the process.
All open houses have been canceled, however private contactless showings are now available at all Towers properties on request.
A current listing of all available apartments can be found at available-apartments.
Condo fee and rent payments currently set up for automatic withdrawal will continue as scheduled. Anyone not set up on automatic withdrawal wishing to make a payment is asked to please do so using one of the following methods:
- Towers Resident or Condo Owner Portal
- Online banking
- Mailing cheques or money orders to our office
- Dropping payments in the drop box located outside our main office.
In-person debit and cash payments are not available at this time.
Please note, it is still the responsibility of every resident to pay their rent in full and on time. We recognize that during these unprecedented times there will be some people who may be unable to do so. We ask any residents who will not be able to pay their rent on time as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic (due to lay off, reduction of work hours, mandatory quarantine, etc.) to please contact your Property Manager directly, or email us at email@example.com to discuss options available to you in this time.
USING THE PORTALS
Wondering how to make online payments use the Towers Realty Group Online Portal?
Apartment Residents: click here to download the instructions.
Condo Owners: click here to download the instructions.
You can access the portals at www.towersrealty.ca/portals.
STAY UPDATED – RESIDENT NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP
Keep an eye out for Towers Realty Group’s Resident newsletter for continual updates on the COVID-19 pandemic and for helpful resources and information.
Not receiving the newsletter? Sign up here.
The Government of Canada has recently announced a number of measures to support individuals and business in this difficult time. For information on available resources, visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 website here:
INCREASING THE CANADA CHILD BENEFIT
The Government will be providing an extra $300 per child through the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) for 2019-20. This will mean approximately $550 more for the average family. This benefit will be delivered as part of the scheduled CCB payment in May. Those who already receive the Canada Child Benefit do not need to re-apply.
SPECIAL GOODS AND SERVICES TAX CREDIT PAYMENT
The Government are providing a one-time special payment by early May through the Good and Services Tax Credit for low- and modest-income families. The average additional benefit will be close to $400 for single individuals and close to $600 for couples. There is no need to apply for this payment. If you are eligible, you will get it automatically.
EXTRA TIME TO FILE INCOME TAX RETURNS
The Government are deferring the filing due date for the 2019 tax returns of individuals. For individuals (other than trusts), the return filing due date will be deferred until June 1, 2020. They will also allow any new income tax balances due, or installments, to be deferred until after August 31, 2020 without incurring interest or penalties.
SUPPORT FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SICK, QUARANTINED, OR IN DIRECTED SELF-ISOLATION – THE NEW CANADA EMERGENCY RESPONSE BENEFIT (CERB).
The CERB supports Canadians by providing financial support to employed and self-employed Canadians who are directly affected by COVID-19.
It provides a payment of $2,000 for a 4-week period (the same as $500 a week) for up to 16 weeks.
After you apply (if eligible), you should get your payment in 3 business days if you signed up for direct deposit. If you haven’t, you should get it in about 10 business days.
What is the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?
If you have stopped working because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) may provide you with temporary income support.
Please read these questions and answers for more details.
What are the eligibility criteria for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?
To be eligible to receive the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) from Service Canada, the following must apply:
- You must reside in Canada
- You are 15 years of age or older at the time of application
- You have stopped or will stop working for reasons related to COVID-19, or because you are unable to work due to illness, or because you lost your employment for other reasons beyond your control; and
- If you are submitting for the first time, that you have stopped or will stop working for reasons related to COVID-19 for at least 14 consecutive days within the 4 week benefit period
- If you are filing for a subsequent period and did not return to work since your previous claim, you did not receive any employment or self employment income since collecting the benefit and do not expect to receive any employment or self employment income within the 4 week benefit period
- If you are filing for a subsequent period after having returned to work between periods, that you have stopped or will stop working for reasons related to COVID-19 for at least 14 consecutive days within the 4 week benefit period
- You have not quit your job voluntarily
- You are not receiving nor have you applied for the CERB from the Canada Revenue Agency
- You are not receiving Employment Insurance benefits for the same benefit period
- You have earned a minimum of $5,000 in income within the last 12 months or in the 2019 calendar year from either:
- Employment income
- Self-employment income
If you believe you qualify for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, visit:
For information related to COVID-19, please visit: